SMARTS Online is a research-based curriculum designed to teach executive function strategies.
SMARTS represents the next generation of programs based on ten years of in-school research and evaluation under the leadership of Dr. Lynn Meltzer and her team of educational researchers and teachers.
With a full access license, one teacher receives access to the complete SMARTS curriculum. The full SMARTS curriculum includes:
- 30 lesson plans arranged according to a specific executive function process: goal setting, organizing, prioritizing, thinking flexibly, remembering, and self-monitoring
- All lessons include handouts, Powerpoint presentations, overview videos, and surveys to track students’ strategy use and developing self-awareness.
- Activities to develop students’ self -understanding—metacognition—to assess what strategies work best for their learning style, as well as the why, where, when, and how to use these strategies
- Students learn executive function strategies for homework, studying for tests, and planning long-term projects, writing assignments, checking their work, and remembering facts, formulas, and important information.
- SMARTS is adaptable for students in grades 4-12 for use in both general education or special education classrooms, learning centers, clinical settings, homeschools, and tutoring sessions.
- Lessons do not have to be taught in order, educators can select key lessons to reinforce specific strategies based on their students’ needs.
Looking to upgrade your preview account? Click here