SMARTS Online is a research-based curriculum designed to teach executive function strategies.
SMARTS represents the next generation of programs based on ten years of in-school research and evaluation under the leadership of Dr. Lynn Meltzer and her team of educational researchers and teachers.
The full SMARTS curriculum includes:
- 30 lesson plans arranged according to a specific executive function process: goal setting, organizing, prioritizing, thinking flexibly, remembering, and self-monitoring
- All lessons include handouts, Powerpoint presentations, overview videos, and surveys to track students’ strategy use and developing self-awareness.
- Activities to develop students’ self -understanding—metacognition—to assess what strategies work best for their learning style, as well as the why, where, when, and how to use these strategies
- Students learn executive function strategies for homework, studying for tests, and planning long-term projects, writing assignments, checking their work, and remembering facts, formulas, and important information.
- SMARTS is adaptable for students in grades 4-12 for use in both general education or special education classrooms, learning centers, clinical settings, homeschools, and tutoring sessions.
- Lessons do not have to be taught in order, educators can select key lessons to reinforce specific strategies based on their students’ needs.
With a full access license, one teacher receives access to the complete SMARTS curriculum.
Looking to upgrade your preview account? Click here