Happy Holidays from everyone on the SMARTS Executive Function team! We wish you a relaxing break, and we hope that your 2022 is filled with effective executive function strategies.
Executive Function at Home
Executive function processes are essential for everything we do! From home, to school, to the office — and even on school vacation — executive function processes help keep us moving and carry out our tasks.
Winter vacation is an ideal time to boost children’s executive function strategy use at home. An easy first step: make your own EF strategy use visible. For more ways to support your children’s EF strategy development over the break, check out these parent-centered blog posts:
- Executive Function at Home: Metacognition
- Homeschooling: Building Executive Function Strategies, Part 1
- Homeschooling: Building Executive Function Strategies, Part 2
- Stuck Inside with Restless Kids? Try Virtual Field Trips
- Caitlin Vanderberg, M.Ed., SMARTS Associate
SMARTS Executive Function Curriculum: smarts-ef.org
Research Institute for Learning and Development: researchild.org